Virtual Meet the Buyer
* Participants must be registered to the Australian Food Catalogue to be eligible to attend
About the Event
The Victorian Government’s Skilled and Business Migration Program under the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR), in partnership with the Australian Food and Agribusiness Growth Centre, trading as Food Innovation Australia Limited (FIAL), invite you to a Virtual Meet the Buyer event, exclusively for Victorian export-ready food and beverage businesses.
You can attend a 20-minute one-to-one video conference in a private virtual meeting room with qualified buyers from across Asia.
Background on Buyers
Hailing from various markets within Asia, these onshore and offshore-based buyers are sourcing Victoria food and beverage products and are eager to grow their product portfolio.
The majority of the buyers are business migrants under the 188 Business Innovation (188A) visa scheme or its permanent stage-888A, nominated by or seeking nomination by the Skilled and Business Migration Program (SBMP) on behalf of the Victorian government. They are located onshore or offshore pending their visa status, originally from various Asian markets such as Vietnam, Sri Lanka, China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. They have set up or intend to establish a business in Victoria with an Australian ABN.
In Demand Product Categories
- Meat: beef and lamb
- Dairy: cheese (spreadable, sliced or processed with different flavours), whipped cream and butter
- Live seafood: lobster, King crab and abalone
Dry Goods / Shelf Stable
- Snack food
- Health food: low carb, low sugar and organic foods
- Health supplements: children and adults
- Confectionery: biscuits and chocolate
- Dairy: UHT milk and milk powders
- Grocery: cooking oil, olive oil, cereals, honey (Manuka and others), canned and packaged foods
- Condiments: spices
- Abalone (packaged)
- Fresh and dried fruit
- Alcoholic beverages: beer and wine
- Non-alcoholic beverage: fruit juice and soft drinks
- Food and beverage products for foodservice
- Other: wheat glutens, egg powders, food preservatives, marinated products and broad bean for animal feed
You must be an export-ready business located in Victoria.
To express your interest in attending the event, log into your AFC account, click on the EVENTS tab, and select JOIN on the Exclusive VIC event.
Upon registration, your company profile will be sent to the buyers for review and you will be notified as to whether you have been successful in securing an appointment by Monday, 22nd February. Successful applicants will receive a link to join a Zoom video conference.
Registrations close on Thursday 28th January
Event cost: Free
For further information, please contact:
Nick Yan - Senior Investor Relationships Manager, Skilled & Business Migration Program, Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
Mobile: 0472 863 777
Rod Arenas - GM Commercial FIAL
Charles Li - Market Development FIAL
Mobile: 0437 278 709
Terms and Conditions
1. This event is tailored towards Victorian companies in the food and agribusiness industry.
2. Food Innovation Australia Limited reserves the right to change the agenda, speakers and one-to-one meeting schedule.
3. Food Innovation Australia Limited reserves the right to cancel or change the date of the event.
4. You may be invited by e-mail or telephone, to take part in surveys and case-studies. These surveys and case-studies may contain information about this event or other Food Innovation Australia Limited activities you have participated in. We reserve the right to exclude participants who provide false or misleading answers. We reserve the copyright for all survey content.
We provide valued insights stakeholders from across the agri-food value chain need to make informed decisions.
We design and deliver industry-led workshops to equip food and agribusinesses with the capabilities and skills to capitalise on growth opportunities.
We connect food and agribusinesses with the research expertise, funding and export markets needed to harness opportunities.