About the Event
The Food and Agribusiness Growth Centre, trading as FIAL, is inviting Australian food and beverage suppliers to attend an exclusive online business matching event with key buyers from China.
This exciting event is a unique opportunity for selected Australian export-ready businesses to meet one-to-one, in virtual meeting rooms, with qualified buyers from China, representing major supermarket chains, convenience stores, e-commerce platforms, distributors, food service, importers, and more.
About the China Opportunity
Consumers in tier one Chinese cities have shown a high level of demand for foreign food and beverage products, while consumer demand for foreign food and beverage products is also strong in less saturated tier two and three markets. Food and beverage products which are safe and healthy, and incorporate local taste preferences, are popular among Chinese consumers.
Although Australia’s food exports to China fell 8.3 per cent to $US7.1 billion ($9.6 billion) in 2020, compared with a year earlier, as disposable income rises, demand will increase among China’s middle class for safe food and a higher protein diet.
From 1st January 2019, Australian trade to China benefited from tariff reductions under ChAFTA - many Australian processed food products will have an import duty advantage of up to 25 per cent.
Buyers from China are particularly interested in healthy and innovative foods, in the following product categories:
· Health Supplements
· Baby Food
· Confectionery - candy, biscuits, chocolate
· Dairy - butter, UHT, yoghurt, cheese, milk powders
· Grocery - cereals, juice, oats, honey, baking/baked goods, smallgoods, cereals
· Innovative and new-to-market food
· Chilled and frozen meat and seafood
· Non-Alcoholic Beverages - functional drinks, health drinks
Australian Food and Agribusiness exporters can secure a 20-minute, one-to-one online meeting with buyers from leading retailers and distributors in China.
Your details will be registered and sent to the relevant buyer for review and if selected you will be notified prior to the event, as to whether you have been successful in securing an appointment.
Please note, it is the buyer’s decision to choose whom they want to meet with, based on your Australian Food & Beverage Catalogue (AFBC) company profile and product range. Buyers are particularly interested in health, innovative foods and first-to-market products.
As per industry feedback, increased freight cost and supply chain delays represents ongoing sector concerns, hence FIAL will co-ordinate consolidation, cost of freight and documentation support for samples for interested suppliers.
You must be an export-ready company and registered on FIAL’s Australian Food & Beverage Catalogue (AFBC) platform to be eligible to participate in this event and future Virtual Meet the Buyer events hosted by FIAL.
Existing suppliers already registered on the platform, would have received a reactivation email. Any questions e-mail email@example.com
For new businesses set up your profile here.
Please note your products must have market access to China, should you wish to register for the event, otherwise your registration is deemed to be invalid. Simply click the EOI button on the right-hand side under EVENTS on the AFBC website and your EOI will be registered.
Please note that completing an Expression of Interest (EOI) does not guarantee meetings with buyers - selection will be at the discretion of the buyers. Successful applicants will receive a link to join a private and secure virtual meeting room.
*Fee only payable if meetings secured. Fee is capped at $75 if you secure at least one appointment.
- Suppliers must be export-ready with a profile on Australian Food & Beverage Catalogue (AFBC)
- Meetings are set at the buyers request. Suppliers are not guaranteed a meeting.
- Suppliers must be available to accept meetings at the times scheduled by FIAL. Changing the time of a meeting may incur an administration fee.
- Cancellation must be communicated to FIAL in writing no less than 48 hours prior to the event. Cancellation fees may apply within this time.
- FIAL reserves the right to change the agenda, speakers and one-on-one meeting schedule. FIAL reserves the right to cancel or change the date of the event.
Terms and Conditions
- This event is tailored towards companies within the Australia’s Food and Agribusiness industry and meeting places will be prioritised for companies within the industry with a product.
- Food Innovation Australia Ltd (FIAL) reserves the right to change the agenda, speakers and representatives at any given time.
- You may be invited from time to time, by e-mail or telephone, to take part in surveys and case-studies. These surveys and case-studies may contain information about this event or other Food Innovation Australia activities you may have participated in. We reserve the right to exclude participants who provide false or misleading answers. We reserve the copyright for all survey content.
- FIAL reserves the right to cancel/change the event itself and/or speakers, guests, agendas, presenters without prior notice. Full refunds will be provided for events where fees were charged. FIAL and its partners bear no responsibility for any travel costs incurred by participants associated as a result of cancellation/changes to the event.
For further information, please contact:
Rod Arenas - GM Commercial
Molly Young – Project Officer
Phone: (03) 9731 3422
We provide valued insights stakeholders from across the agri-food value chain need to make informed decisions.
We design and deliver industry-led workshops to equip food and agribusinesses with the capabilities and skills to capitalise on growth opportunities.
We connect food and agribusinesses with the research expertise, funding and export markets needed to harness opportunities.