Join us Online
Directors and boards, senior executives, and business owners of Australian food and beverage manufacturing businesses are invited to attend our Food Safety Governance for Directors course.
About the Event
The safety of our food supply is critical to the health of all Australians and to the viability of businesses dealing with food. Consumers of food produced in Australia, whether living locally or overseas, expect food products to be safe. Food companies must be proactive in delivering on that expectation.
Food safety, like workplace health and safety, is a business essential. Once seen as a cost burden, the reality is the implications of supplying unsafe food can be greater than the investment required to ensure food safety.
Senior Managers, Executives and Company Directors do have a legal obligation to develop organisation-wide systems and organisational culture that can recognise, evaluate, and prevent or mitigate food safety risk. Beyond the legal obligation, embedding food safety as “the way we do business” simply makes good business sense.
The workshop, run via Zoom, is designed to provide a governance overview for Directors, Executives and senior management of food and beverage manufacturing and supply businesses based in Australia to support the production and sale of safe food both domestically and overseas.
The workshop will help directors to understand the importance of food safety governance, their responsibilities and role in assuring food safety performance. It will also discuss the tools to monitor and verify food safety system performance and the essentials of good food safety governance.
What will the workshop cover?
- Why manage food safety risk?
- Overview of the food safety regulation system in Australia
- Food safety culture
- Food Safety risk framework
- Systems and resources to assist with management of food safety risk.
Fiona Fleming is CEO of the Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology (AIFST). With more than 30 years’ experience in the food industry, Fiona is a well-versed Corporate and Regulatory Affairs professional who has been involved in leading and facilitating change along with developing management strategies across a portfolio of food policy and regulation matters in global FMCG and NGO environments.
In her previous role, Fiona worked for a large FMCG company in the position of Group Quality and Corporate Affairs Manager, responsible for providing leadership across Australia and New Zealand in the areas of food policy and regulation; consumer affairs and communication; issues and crisis management and food quality and safety.
Terms and Conditions
- This event is tailored towards owners, directors and senior managers of food and beverage manufacturing businesses.
- FIAL reserves the right to cancel/change the event itself and/or speakers, guests, agendas, presenters without prior notice.
- Ticket cancellation must be communicated to FIAL in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the event. Cancellations made within the 24-hour period prior to the event will not be eligible for a full refund.