About the Event
The Food and Agribusiness Growth Centre, trading as FIAL, is inviting Australian food and beverage suppliers to attend an exclusive online business matching event with key buyers from the United Kingdom (UK).
This exciting event, in collaboration with Austrade, is a unique opportunity to meet one-to-one, online, with UK buyers within various channels - from major supermarket chains, retailers, distributors and importers to name a few.
As part of this event, FIAL will streamline supplier product samples as a consolidated airfreight, to be delivered to UK buyers once you have completed your virtual meetings.
About the UK Opportunity
The Australia-UK Free Trade Agreement (FTA), expected to be finalised and signed in October 2021, will help drive trade growth and bring in a new era of free trade opportunities for Australian Food and Agribusinesses.
We can see significant benefits for ambitious Australian brands looking to enter the UK with 68.3 million consumers in a fast-paced, innovative and high-value food and drink market. IBISWorld forecasts that household expenditure on food and non-alcoholic beverages will increase at a compound annual rate of 1.9% through 2021-22, to total £112.6 billion.
Australian Food and Agribusiness exporters can secure a 20-minute, one-to-one online meeting with buyers from leading retailers and distributors in the UK.
Your details will be registered and sent to the relevant buyer for review and if selected you will be notified prior to the event, as to whether you have been successful in securing an appointment.
Please note, it is the buyer’s decision to choose whom they want to meet with, based on your Australian Food & Beverage Catalogue (AFBC) company profile and product range. Buyers are particularly interested in health, innovative foods and first-to-market products.
As per industry feedback, increased freight cost and supply chain delays represents ongoing sector concerns hence FIAL will co-ordinate consolidation, cost of freight and documentation support for samples to the UK.
You must be an export-ready company and registered on FIAL’s Australian Food & Beverage Catalogue (AFBC) platform to be eligible to participate in this event and future Virtual Meet the Buyer events hosted by FIAL.
Existing suppliers already registered on the platform, would have received a reactivation email. Any questions e-mail email@example.com
For new businesses set up your profile here.
Please note your products must have market access to the UK, should you wish to register for the event, otherwise your registration is deemed to be invalid. Simply click the EOI button on the right-hand side under EVENTS on the AFBC website and your EOI will be registered.
Successful applicants will receive a link to join a private and secure virtual meeting room. * A flat registration fee of $199 ex GST will be charged only if a meeting is secured with at least one buyer. Fee covers all samples of up to 2kg maximum per buyer. Exporters will need to supply a Health Certificate at their own cost.
Please note that completing an Expression of Interest (EOI) does not guarantee meetings with buyers - selection will be at the discretion of the buyers.
*Fee only payable if meetings secured
- Suppliers must be export-ready with a profile on Australian Food & Beverage Catalogue (AFBC)
- Meetings are set at the buyers request. Suppliers are not guaranteed a meeting.
- Suppliers must be available to accept meetings at the times scheduled by FIAL. Changing the time of a meeting may incur an administration fee.
- Cancellation must be communicated to FIAL in writing no less than 48 hours prior to the event. Cancellation fees may apply within this time.
- FIAL reserves the right to change the agenda, speakers and one-on-one meeting schedule. FIAL reserves the right to cancel or change the date of the event.
Terms and Conditions
- This event is tailored towards companies within the Australia’s Food and Agribusiness industry and meeting places will be prioritised for companies within the industry with a product.
- Food Innovation Australia Ltd (FIAL) reserves the right to change the agenda, speakers and representatives at any given time.
- You may be invited from time to time, by e-mail or telephone, to take part in surveys and case-studies. These surveys and case-studies may contain information about this event or other Food Innovation Australia activities you may have participated in. We reserve the right to exclude participants who provide false or misleading answers. We reserve the copyright for all survey content.
- FIAL reserves the right to cancel/change the event itself and/or speakers, guests, agendas, presenters without prior notice. Full refunds will be provided for events where fees were charged. FIAL and its partners bears no responsibility for any travel costs incurred by participants associated as a result of cancellation/changes to the event.
For further information, please contact:
Rod Arenas - GM Commercial
Molly Young – Project Officer
Phone: (03) 9731 3422
We provide valued insights stakeholders from across the agri-food value chain need to make informed decisions.
We design and deliver industry-led workshops to equip food and agribusinesses with the capabilities and skills to capitalise on growth opportunities.
We connect food and agribusinesses with the research expertise, funding and export markets needed to harness opportunities.