The Win-Win Negotiations webinar, exclusively hosted by FIAL, aims to give Australian Food and Agribusinesses the ‘how-to’ and knowledge to effectively engage and negotiate with retailers.
Webinar topics include:
- Overview of the current pressures in the marketplace
- Why retailers negotiate
- How to set yourself up for the best outcome in a negotiation
- The golden rules of negotiating
- Where to go for help
With more than 10 years of buying and category management experience, Senior Executive, Rod Arenas has extensive industry knowledge of both the local and international food and agribusiness markets. Rod is an expert in emerging trends, brand and product management and product development.
Neil has worked extensively with both retailers and manufacturers. Through involvement with the Australian Food & Grocery Code of Conduct, Neil has supported re-negotiating trading terms, implementing price increases, and managing range reviews. This has enabled him to build a toolbox of skills that helps suppliers better understand how to effectively engage with buyers.
Neil's clients include some of the biggest and smallest food and drink manufacturers in Australia.
Win-Win Negotiations Program
The Win-Win Negotiations Program will provide insights not only on the general principles, but also an understanding of the differences between domestic and international buyers and how you could modify your approaches accordingly. You will be provided with tools, techniques, and learnings to help with planning the customer engagement and pitch.
The Program will consist of four two-hour workshop sessions and an optional 45-minute one-on-one consultation upon completion. Topics include:
• Booking the meeting. How do you even get one and with whom – what is your hook?
• Develop a compelling selling presentation that engages the retailer
• Understand basic buyer metrics and KPIs
• Shape your commercial proposition – why will it be interesting to the buyer?
• Foundation negotiation. Once you have a nibble, you won’t be caught off guard
• Overcome objections and avoid being forced into concessions early in the engagement
• Summary of the ‘rules of the game’ when negotiating with retailers
This online workshop is suitable for Australian Food and Agribusinesses of all levels. Registrations will open after the webinar.
We provide valued insights stakeholders from across the agri-food value chain need to make informed decisions.
We design and deliver industry-led workshops to equip food and agribusinesses with the capabilities and skills to capitalise on growth opportunities.
We connect food and agribusinesses with the research expertise, funding and export markets needed to harness opportunities.