About the Event
Do you want to ensure you are adequately equipped to navigate this transition economy?
Do you want to enhance the effectiveness of your leadership style?
Do you want to do so while learning collaboratively with your industry peers?
FIAL invites you as a member of the food and agribusiness sector to participate in a leadership development program to explore your leadership potential at a business and industry level.
The course is designed to awaken you to who you really are, to connect you to your essence and provide you with a suite of tools, techniques and questions to upgrade your personal operating system. By doing so, it will assist you with your journey to enhance the effectiveness of your leadership style.
Key Principles of the Programme
THIS COURSE IS ABOUT HOW TO LEAD USING YOUR IN-BUILT PERSONAL VALUES AND HOW YOU CAN RELATE TO CHANGE.
By showing you pathways to thinking, this 10-week online course will help you:
- Engage with how you make sense of the world and its implications on your decision-making
- Provide you with tools, techniques and questions to connect you with and maximise your personal ‘operating system’
- Understand how your values, beliefs and other unconscious filters:
- influence your decisions and the results you get;
- define who you are and how that impacts on your style of leading
- Appreciate why there are no pre-made solutions for success in a transition economy, and why your ability to re-think and re-imagine is essential
- Learn the difference between technical vs adaptive challenges, and how it impacts your leadership style, thinking and effectiveness
- Unlock your potential for leading from a place of purpose.
Barry McGookin is an innovation manager with 30 years in the food manufacturing industry and has held senior technical, innovation and commercial leadership roles in companies with key food manufacturing companies in Australia. An inventor by nature, Barry has created new products and processes for domestic, foodservice and export markets, while leading innovation culture development within companies. While a member of a range of national advisory teams, Barry is now leading initiatives to strengthen the Australian innovation culture and capability to help companies find increased success both domestically and overseas and better connect the Australian research and manufacturing sectors.
Gary Saliba is director of Strategic Journeys, a business which assists people to understand and respond to complexity and uncertainty. His focus is in the use of the principles and practices of complex adaptive systems, systems thinking/mapping and futures work. Gary has assisted leaders in public and private sector businesses in a range of industries across Australia and South East Asia to undertake strategy development, business reform, organisational design, cultural shaping and leadership development. He has been also been working closely with the food and agribusiness industry through FIAL in supporting transformational cultural change, to enable the industry to flourish into the future.
We combine market information and insights and create relevant and practical knowledge that can be used make informed commercial decisions.
We inspire growth and business confidence by providing practical skills from industry experts to develop innovative products, processes and access new markets.
We connect businesses with researchers to kickstart industry investment, foster innovation and encourage new product, process, and technology development.